What Do Students Say about the Center?
April was a busy month of programming at the Kirk Center. Of the four educational programs we held, two were four-day seminars for graduate and undergraduate students, while the other two were shorter programs for students from Calvin University and from St. Michael’s High School in Petoskey, Michigan. Student comments on their experience included:
- My time at the Kirk Center is the pinnacle of my academic leisure time.
- The discussions were excellent and informative.
- Incredible! Understood the book much more. Also became better friends with the participants.
- The place helped me get in the mindset of scholarly work. Even better for private research.
- Wonderful beyond expectations! I would love to come back!
- Fantastic. The hospitality is wonderful and the Center staff is very passionate about what they do.
- I would use every capability in my power to get [other students] there.
More From Our Highlights & News
On November 2 – 4, the Russell Kirk Center welcomed Public Policy Fellows of the Fund for American Studies (TFAS) to discuss "The Roots of American Order as the Foundation for a New Fusionism.” This impressive group consisted of twenty young professionals who work as...
The Kirk Center welcomed interns from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy for a seminar on specific dimensions of “The Politics of Prudence” this summer. Kirk Center trustee and director of Save Our States, Michael Maibach, gave a broad historical, political, and...
For generations, Harvard’s conservatives were guided by the towering intellectual presence of Harvey C. Mansfield. Professor Mansfield taught the full range of political theory, from Plato and Aristotle to Burke, the Federalists, and Tocqueville, until his retirement...
The Kirk Center is delighted to announce that a 30th Anniversary Edition of Russell Kirk’s popular book, The Politics of Prudence, is forthcoming from Regnery Publishing with a new introduction by Dr. Michael Federici. An understanding of the classical virtue of...